Do you know Why Canada Consistently Ranks Top of the List of Countries to Live In?
There are many reasons that Canada is one of the top immigration destinations. Maple Immigration understands that intelligent information is key to any global relocation and part of our tailored approach of educating and empowering clients to reach for their goals and achieve their dreams. In this section, we have gathered a few insights into what makes Canada truly great and, more importantly, the benefits available to you as a legal resident of a country poised for exceptional growth in the 21st Century. Explore further and prepare yourself for a great start!
Reasons why to Immigrate to Canada
Canada is a multicultural society where all people; cultures; and religions are treated equally and without discrimination as enshrined under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom. In Canada, you will find all religious holidays and festivals celebrated as Canadians embrace all the world’s cultures and you do not have to worry about losing your culture as you will be able to find and embrace it here in Canada.
Without a doubt after just a little research you will find that Canada consistently ranks as one of the world’s best places to live and this is with great reason. Once you arrive and get settled here you will come to understand why survey after survey finds Canada to be such a great place.
Canada has a population of close to 35 million, but boasts the 2nd largest land area of any nation at 9,985,000 Sq. Km. In this land area you will find one of the largest supplies of fresh water on the planet and all different types of terrain: from vast coastal areas; to great plains; to vast mountain ranges. We have access to different climates and have all four seasons. And winter is not as scary as most think!
If you are in a country that has a dangerous security situation, you can relax as this is not the case in Canada. You will be less stressed as you will find a crime rate that is quite low compared to other places in the world. In addition to low crime, people in Canada live a less stressful life and as such live longer than in most places. Migrating from some countries will add an extra 20 years to your life; and how can you put a cost on your own mortality?
If you are coming from a country that is rampant with corruption you will know how tiring it is to deal with it every day. Also there is always that insecurity that you may end up being a victim and losing everything that you have worked hard for. This is no way for you or your children to live. Canada has very little corruption and a legal system in place that protects its citizens and ensures fairness in all areas, while at the same time we do not have a business or government system based largely on an elite class that is fueled by nepotism. There simply is no caste system in Canada.
Canada is known around the world as a peace loving country that only engages in military action when humanitarian issues are in question. We are proud of our compassionate history and you will find this in our people. Whether you are travelling the world and finding a warm reception as a Canadian or simply walking down the street and being greeted by a “Hello” and a smile form a total stranger. You will soon enjoy this lifestyle, as many Canadians do.
Benefits of Living in Canada
There are always jobs available for people who want to work in Canada, and it is a real myth that things are expensive here. Relative to the high salaries and the low cost of goods there is still room to save for your future and live a nice life.
Canada is quite well known for its free health care. No matter who you are or where you are in Canada, you can be assured of free health care. Should it be a simple visit to the doctor for a check-up or open heart surgery, the cost is the same – FREE!
Being a citizen of Canada does not only allow you access to Canada but also easy access to the United States and Mexico with the ability to extend your employment options to the lucrative U.S. market. As the United States is the largest trading partner of Canada, there are always a number of opportunities.
- Free Education: All children are required to go to school by law so that they have a good education so they are prepared for life. All education is free up to grade 12 and there are no additional fees needed for a basic education.
- Subsidized College & University Education: As there is a high value placed on an educated population, access to education is ensured by it being highly subsidized by the government for all citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Child Care Allowances: The government provides money to people who have children to help with the upbringing of the children. There are 2 basic benefits given: The Canadian Child Tax Benefit and the Universal Child Benefit.
- Loans and Grants for School: There are many low interest loans and free money given in the form of a grant to help defray the costs of education for the Canadian public.
- Children’s savings plans: The government will give money in the form of a grant to savings plans for children so that their education is affordable and to ensure that children are highly educated.
- Old Age Security & Canadian Pension: After working long years and when you are ready to retire you are sent a check every month of your retirement for each of these 2 benefits.
- Unemployment Insurance: Should you be unfortunate and lose your job, during your time of transition the government will support you and send you a check to ensure that you can survive.
- Maternity Benefits: Once you are blessed with having a new member of your family in addition to the child benefits you can take time off of work to be with your child while being paid.
- Many other tax incentives to support you and your family at different stages of your life.
We only have one life to live and we need to make the most of it. As noted above, Canadians live longer and in living longer, we like to take time to enjoy our lives and make it a point to enjoy life outside of work. There are many holidays here and many opportunities to do many activities outside of work.
Once you are a Canadian Passport holder you hold a ticket to entry to most countries in the world, and will not have problems when wanting to travel freely. The passport is a door opener to most countries due to the sterling reputation of Canada. If you ever do require a visa you can rest easy as it is a very rare instance that your visa will be denied.