International Experience Class (Working Holiday)



The International Experience Canada (IEC) program provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. Depending upon your country of origin, an applicant seeking entry to Canada under this program may choose from the three travel and work experiences offered; Working Holiday, Young Professionals or International Co-op Internship.


To participate in this program your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada. A country that has an agreement with Canada will allow you to apply for an IEC work permit. Each country has different program requirements but some of the most common ones are as follows:

  • Be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive):
  • Have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada;
  • Have health insurance for the duration of your stay;
  • Have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you have the ability to pay for your return ticket home.

If your country does not have an agreement with Canada, you may be able to use a Recognized Organization to apply. The different program streams are:

  • Working Holiday: allows the participant to fund their vacation with temporary work in Canada and is considered an open work permit. The program is designed for individuals that; don’t have a job offer yet, individuals wanting to work for more than one employer or location in Canada during their travels.
  • Young Professionals category: is an employer-specific work permit. It allows individuals to gain Canadian professional work experience, while working for the same employer at the same location in Canada.
  • International Co-op Internship: stream will allow individuals to gain valuable overseas work experience related to their field of study. The work permit is employer-specific and designed for students, that are registered at a post-secondary institution, have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada, same employer and location and are required a work placement or internship to complete their studies.


The program is a work-based program for young people who can come to Canada and travel and work while at the same time get the experience here. Some people will get the experience needed to be able to immigrate to Canada as a Permanent Resident under one of the Skilled worker programs.


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Not Sure Where To Start?

Tell us more about your unique situation and we’ll help get your Immigration journey to Canada started.